Monday, July 25, 2011

RE: [HamBrewers] Pls Help 16F628/628A [1 Attachment]

 
[Attachment(s) from Rajesh K included below]

Dear Dev,

 

I have experimented with 16F628 and home brewed pic programmers. I will go with OM S Chandra Sekhar. It is easy to homebrew a serial port programmer.

 

I have attached a rar file herewith – content this is my entire “PIC programmer folder”. I have homebrewed this one successfully and is working with 628, 876, F84 and many other PICs.

 

Modern PC’s have dispensed with Serial Port as well as Parallel port. In my experience, the USB to Serial port don’t work well at all in many cases. However, you can find “hidden” serial port in many modern PC mother boards. It is usually called “serial port header”. You can connect a “serial port header to 9 pin or 25 pin converter” cable and still do all the good things. I have attached a pic of one such adapter. You can home brew this one also!

IMAGE_161.jpg

73’s

Raj.

VU3RGK (www.qrz.com)

 

 

From: HamBrewers@yahoogroups.com [mailto:HamBrewers@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of S Chandra Sekhar, PWD
Sent: Monday, July 25, 2011 3:26 PM
To: HamBrewers@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [HamBrewers] Pls Help 16F628/628A

 

 

One solution would be to use a usb - to - serial converter and then
wire up a serial port based PIC programmer.

If you want the direct USB programmer it might be simpler to buy from Microchip.

On 7/25/11, Dev Ramaprabhu <vu2dev@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
>  I would like to migrate to 16F628 from 16F84 due to my Parallel port pc
> givingup finally!
>
>  My new/old  pc/ laptop  doesnot have any ports other than USB.
>
>  So, dear hambrewers the time has come to make a programmer off the USB
> port. So, if any of you are using a usb programmer for the above generic
> chips please help. I repeat if you are using a usb programmer only please
> reply! Without using the above mentioned programmer please do not reply and
> clutter the group!
>
>  The best regards,
>
>  dev
>
>
> From: Raj vu2zap@gmail.com
>
>       Perfect one for us!
>
>
>

__._,_.___

Attachment(s) from Rajesh K

1 of 1 File(s)

Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment