Saturday, August 4, 2012

Re: [HamBrewers] RD15HVF1 [1 Attachment]

 
[Attachment(s) from Raj included below]

Thanks Rahul, will replace them to you ASAP.

I happen to have a Fluke thermo gizmo FLIR, looked at the power board and the driver section was RED hot.. the whole section! Then I unplugged the final board input and put in a +12 dbm in at 14.2 Mhz and did not get 100W. Looking at the data sheet of the upc1678 driving the final board showed that it has a max power of +18.. so I expected that the 756 should have put out max power with the drive I was measuring. Driving the final board with +16 got me about 25W, so my bet was on a defective device in the final amp board. Then I did some external fan cooling and viewed with FLIR and saw this device red hot! It was drawing some 8-10 amps !!!

See the attached image, the red part on the right is the regulators heat. The dark spot on the left is where the device I removed was. The whole section was red before I de soldered the device.

1A quiescent current per RD15.. is a bit baffling! The PA takes 4A doing nothing!

Lucky 2LBW the owner is very pleased !! We were goofing off like the doctors in M*A*S*H saying doctor - doctor to each other while trouble shooting!

Cheers
Raj, vu2zap

At 04-08-2012, you wrote:

 

Hi! Raj,

Have them with me at Delhi , currently on leave. Will mail a couple when I reach Monday next.

73's

Rahul VU3WJM

--- On Sat, 4/8/12, Raj <vu2zap@gmail.com> wrote:

From: Raj <vu2zap@gmail.com>
Subject: [HamBrewers] RD15HVF1
To: hambrewers@yahoogroups.com
Date: Saturday, 4 August, 2012, 4:33 PM

 

Anyone in VU have RD15HVF1 ?, I need two numbers for an ICOM IC-756 Pro 3.

I will order it on Fleabay but I thought I check with you guys.

73 & Cheers

--
Raj, vu2zap
Bengaluru, South India.

__._,_.___

Attachment(s) from Raj

1 of 1 Photo(s)

Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment