Wednesday, November 23, 2011

[HamBrewers] Using an old PC

 


I am having an old Zenith Pentium 1, 200MHz/32MB/8GB/ Win98 PC in excellent working condition.  I promised to give it free to two school boys after installing some games and educational software. The problem is the CD drive has failed and I am unable to load anything. The floppy drive works but in practice useless today. The only way is to buy/borrow a CD drive and modem card. It never had a USB port.

Can anyone in Bangalore help me with:

  1. Installing a USB port, if that's possible. (Most useful solution for data transfer and Net connection)

                    OR

  2. Give on loan a CD drive and a Network card or Internal/External dial-up modem for a week or less.

                    OR

  3. Suggest source from where I can buy the above in working condition a low price.

My QTH is Bangalore.

Thanks.

- Hari

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment