Thursday, December 29, 2011

Re: [HamBrewers] SMT soldering

 

Hari,

I like those magnifier lights on pantograph arms. There's a 100 - 150mm mag. lens in the middle of a ring florescent. You get magnification, lots of light, and free hands. You can get different diopters for the lens. I used to use one of these all the time to inspect pc boards I used to make for engineering support.

Here's a shortened link to a Google product search showing lots of available models:

http://bit.ly/vOggwC

Best,

Todd

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KF7SIS / Medford, Oregon / (541) 951-5702

"Done is better than perfect." --Anonymous





On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 6:13 AM, Hari Rao <vu2gz@yahoo.com> wrote:
 

Raj,
I'll keep your offer in mind. I do have a collection of glasses. They are part of my junk box.
Enjoy the new year bash.

-Hari


From: Sajeesh Pilakkat <sajeeshpilakkat@yahoo.com>
To: "HamBrewers@yahoogroups.com" <HamBrewers@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, December 29, 2011 5:12 PM

Subject: Re: [HamBrewers] SMT soldering

 


From: Raj <vu2zap@gmail.com>
To: HamBrewers@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, 29 December 2011 2:06 PM
Subject: Re: [HamBrewers] SMT soldering

 
Being 9 years younger Hari, I can volunteer. I need two reading glasses one over the other to see..  Hi!
I am alternatively spending a week either in Bangalore or the estate. When I am in blr I can help.

Cheers
Raj vu2zap
080-2226 5668
082 7626 0239 @Coorg


Hello Todd,

Thanks for the interesting videos and info.  At 65+ my days of fine homebrewing are behind me. I wish I were at least five years younger. I was trying to get the job done, for a price of course.
 
73 and a very Happy new Year

- Hari


From: Todd F. Carney <carneytf@gmail.com>
To: HamBrewers@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, December 28, 2011 11:37 PM
Subject: Re: [HamBrewers] SMT soldering

 
Hari,

Here's a really good video on soldering SMTs by hand:

http://dangerousprototypes.com/2011/11/09/professional-techniques-for-hand-soldering/


By the way, you ought to check out the Dangerous Prototypes site. They have lots of great open-source stuff. Here's another tutorial on SMT from SparkFun:

http://www.sparkfun.com/tutorials/36

And another from Make Magazine:

http://blog.makezine.com/archive/2010/08/circuit-skills-surface-mount-device.html

You might also search YouTube. I've seen a number of videos there on using toaster ovens and hot plates to reflow SMT circuit boards.

Enjoy!

Todd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
KF7SIS / Medford, Oregon / (541) 951-5702

"Done is better than perfect." --Anonymous



Hi ,
The topic on soldering reminds me on question to all -  any one using  Gas based soldering iron?
Where I can get the gas to refill the iron?  (- I recently got one as a gift - need to explore how to use it. )
 
regards
Sajeesh
vu3psz
 

On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 5:43 AM, Hari Rao <vu2gz@yahoo.com> wrote:
 
I have to solder a small pcb. While I can manage the thru' hole components I need help in soldering three SMT chips and few components. Any solutions in Bangalore?

-Hari









__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment