Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Re: [HamBrewers] any one interested in all band hf transceiver solid state.

 

On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 7:05 AM, padmanabhan cattamanchi <PEPINDIA@yahoo.com> wrote:
This is real complicated stuff not for the beginner, for the cost of the collins mechanical filter u can easily brew 2 transceiers for 40m and 20m


P
addy,

I certainly agree regarding the Collins filter. I don't see why another xtal filter (he already uses *one*) wouldn't be entirely adequate. I know the Yaesu FT-817 uses a mechanical filter, but I don't know why. Is the Collins being used here because it's used in the Yaesu? To make a 817-like clone? 

Actually, I kinda like building little rigs anyway. I wouldn't refuse an FT-817 (or wannabe) if it were given to me, but then I'd have no "legitimate" reason to build single banders. I'd have to actually admit I'm just playing. I've spent a lifetime building up a monument of phoney-baloney justifications. It's my most prized possession. I'm not about to knock it over now!

73,

Todd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
K7TFC / Medford, Oregon, USA / CN82ni / UTC-8
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QRP (CW & SSB) / EmComm / SOTA / Homebrew / Design


__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment