Monday, May 16, 2011

[HamBrewers] 73s from ON3RT (Ravi) from Brussels in Belgium

 

Hello everyone,

I was introduced and invited to the HamBrewers@yahoogroups forum by VU2ZAP "Raj". I have also established contacts with a few other OMs who have all very kindly offered to meet me when I am in India.

Within the wide array of domains covered by amateur-radio, my core interests are emergency response communications and home-brewing.

I am very interested in exchanging notes with Indian ham-operators on the topics of disaster activation procedures & response processes, emergency telecom infrastructure, past experiences, etc.,

I would appreciate some feedback on the availability of home-brewing parts in Bangalore. During my stay in Bangalore I intend to build a HF band-pass EMI filter (and also an antenna tuner with a built-in SWR-meter, noise bridge & dummy-load) if possible. I have a stock of all the required electronic components with me here in Europe. However, I wish to avoid bringing these radio parts in my luggage as I am severly limited in terms of baggage weight. Are there shops in Bangalore or Madras where I can purchase home-brewing parts like for example toroid ferrite cores, ganged variable capacitors, teflon/ceramic insulators, band-selector switches, RF connectors, etc., ? A few OMs with whom I am in contact already have recommended VU2LB "Lalith Bhai" from Bhavnagar in Gujarat as a possible source for surplus and second-hand radio parts. I also found that Farnell Europe is present in India as "Element14" and have a website at http://in.element14.com/

If anyone is interested in the home-brewing projects that I have identified, please feel free to join. Kindly contact me.

Thanks in advance for all your comments and replies.

Best 73s !

Ravi / ON3RT

OM = "RAVI" (http://www.qrz.com/db/ON3RT)
QSL Manager for ON3RT is ON5UB
QTH Brussels
Grid Square Locator JO20FU
Member :
Belgian Red-Cross Emergency Communications Team
Radio-Club UBA Brussels-East ON5UB
Radio-Club of Lille F8KKH

For more info on ON3RT goto http://www.scribd.com/doc/24421935/ON3RT-QSL-Info

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment