Thursday, November 15, 2012

Re: [HamBrewers] Question on Loop/ Delta Loop

 

It's unclear from the combination of your yahoo.co.uk email address
and your callsign to determine which country you're in :-), but here in
England, if you complain to the electricity authorities about a particular
noisy pylon or pole, then they'll thank-you for reporting an insulator
with corona discharge, and sort it out. (Or so I've heard)

73 de Gareth G4SDW


--- On Thu, 15/11/12, Madhukar VU2MUD <vu2mud@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

I face a very high level of electrical noise at my new Permanent QTH - being just about 300 Mtrs from HT Lines - becoming a Permanent QRM too!!
 
This is present at unacceptable levels - s-9 + most of the times.  This made me consider a Loop/Delta Loop Antenna for 7 Mhz to handle the noise issue.
 
Planning for a Horizontal installation - I understand that this gives me only Ground Waves - OK for now.
 
I need clarifications on the following issues.
 
1. Most of the Links that I see on the web is for a full wave design.  What limits the use of a Half Wave Delta Loop??
2. Where should bthe feedpoint be?
3. What will be feedline impedence??
4. What kind of Balun is required to feed to a 50 Ohm cable?
5. What else is to be considered??
 
I have a LDG - Z-100 Plus antenna tuner. 
 
Madhukar – VU2MUD
Yahoo Mail: vu2mud@yahoo.co.uk

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment