Tuesday, January 10, 2012

[HamBrewers] Re: PL-259 Soldering to RG-213 cable

 

I prefer the Amphenol ones, difficult to find these days in VU. They take a lot of heat abuse.

Some white ones are teflon and others cheap plastic. I am sure that there is some serious power loss in the plastic ones. I once burnt my finger on a lossy connector on VHF running high power.

I think that crimping the white ones is a better bet than soldering. One must have a tool for that!

73 Raj vu2zap

--- In HamBrewers@yahoogroups.com, "G0JKZ" <g0jkz@...> wrote:
>
> We sometimes get this type of plug in the UK.. We never buy them as they
> really are not very good to solder properly. We normally buy the ones with
> the brown insulation material which resists heat very well.
>
>
>
>
>
> George
>
> G0JKZ
>
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment